Information for current students
- Does a withdrawal grade affect my GPA? Are there any other ways it does affect me?
Withdrawals do not impact your GPA, but you do not receive a refund for the class and the W will appear on your transcript. If you have 3 or more class withdrawals, read up on Satisfactory Academic Progress as this may apply to you in terms of financial aid.
- Can I take classes at other schools in NYU and outside of NYU?
As student at Tandon, undergrads have 4 courses they can take at any other NYU school outside of Tandon and grads have 3. Courses outside of NYU should be discussed with your advisor.
- Since the credit limit is 18 credits, if I take one extra credit, aka 19 credits, how much will that cost me?
Every credit over the 18 credit limit at NYU will cost per credit. It is approximately $1700 per credit for undergrads & $2000 for grads. The exact cost can be found here for undergrad and here for grad students. Additional tuition and fee information can be found here. The credit limit override form can be found here.
- How can I transfer into IDM as an NYU student?
If you are a Tandon student or in Liberal Studies (LS), get in touch with the change of major advisor for IDM, Kazi Rahman, by email: email@example.com. If you are at a different NYU school and not LS, you can also reach out to the advisor for more info, but you can read up on the internal transfer process, scroll down to find out how to apply.
- I am interested in doing the BS/MS accelerated program, what should I do?
Check the Tandon BS/MS guidelines, this will give you a sense of the program and the deadlines to consider. Then talk to your advisor about your options.
- I am interested in studying abroad, what should I do?
Check NYU's options of study abroad sites. Consider the locations you would like to go and talk to your advisor about how it can fit into your schedule and how credits from the study away site would transfer.