Chief Information Officer Program
Format: Executive Education – 9 Months
While grounded in a technological background, today’s chief information officer (CIO) is a business leader who knows how to effectively transform technology knowledge into business solutions. The role encompasses a wide range of functional responsibilities ranging from increasing operational efficiency and improving customer experience to transforming existing business processes and overseeing employee retention and recruitment. Additionally, the CIO also plays a vital role in future-proofing the organization, bolstering cybersecurity protection, leading digital transformation, and cultivating employee productivity. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) Program will provide you with the tools and frameworks to build your leadership and communication skills to excel as a strategic business partner and trusted advisor to the CEO.
- Assess your IT team’s functional and strategic capabilities to set transformation goals that align with the business goals and strategies
- Lead, manage, and allocate people resources in cross-functional teams
- Manage organizational change to meet and align with your firm's business goals
- Develop analytical and critical thinking skills to innovate and implement business solutions and services
- Identify your organization’s digital transformation priorities, opportunities, and challenges
- Orchestrate and communicate data insights that drive investment, business strategies, and productivity
- Build for current and future technologies and future-proof your organization with scalable technology strategies
- Leverage data to better understand the customer life cycle and provide captivating experiences to customers
Who Should Attend
The CIO Program is ideal for business leaders responsible for overseeing information systems and IT strategy, resourcing, and planning. Whether you have just stepped into a CIO role or are a rising technology executive looking to advance to the C-suite, you will benefit from the in-depth curriculum, expert faculty, and invaluable networking opportunities of this program.
- Module 1: The Modern CIO
- Module 2: IT Leadership
- Module 3: Technology Leadership
- Module 4: Business Leadership
In addition to the four core modules, participants will also select two online electives to enhance their skills. The program also includes a three-day in-person networking event on the NYU Tandon campus in Brooklyn, New York.